Thanksgiving is a wonderful reason to be in Southern Georgian Bay. It is here where you can see the beautiful fall colours and celebrate the amazing harvest. What we are well-known for is our apples and Thanksgiving is when we celebrate the Apple Harvest Festival, with events at Blue Mountain Village, Thornbury and Clarksburg.
On Saturday, Sunday and Monday, there are events from morning until night and fun for the entire family. All events are free and include magic shows, pie eating contests, dancing, arts and crafts, apple picking and education.
While you are here, you can visit and do other area activities, like visit the Scandinave Spa, Scenic Caves or the Thornbury Village Cidery. Or, you could do one of two Fall Colours Drives, which are just scenic tours around the area to take in the red, gold and green colours of fall on Georgian Bay. Of course, the Apple Pie Trail is well-worth the drive, visiting locations along the trail to pick up apple-themed goodies.
You may want to attend the Apple Harvest Festival at just one of the locations, or pick and choose where you want to be at what time, based on the event schedule.
Some of the highlights of the weekend include:
Blue Mountain Village:
- Stilt Walkers in the village – 11 to 4:30, Saturday and Sunday
- Sawyer Bullock Magic Show – 12pm at the Coca-Cola Village Stage, Saturday and Sunday
- Creation Station – 1 to 4pm at the Events Plaza, Saturday and Sunday
- Storytime by the Pond – 3:30pm on Saturday and Sunday and 11:30 on Monday at the Storytime Park
- Live Music – 4 to 7pm on the Coca-Cola Village Stage, Saturday and Sunday
- Glow in the Dark Grove Dancing – 7pm on Saturday at the Events Plaza
- Interactive Drumming – 2:30 to 3:30pm on Monday at the Coca-Cola Village Stage
- Downtown Outdoor Market – 10am to 5pm on Marsh Street on Saturday
- Horse and Wagon Rides – 11am to 1:30pm at Lions Park on Saturday
- Apple Tasting and Picking – 10am to 6pm at Farmer’s Pantry all weekend
- Apple Education – all day at the downtown parkette, all weekend
- Family Fun Zone – 11am to 4pm at the Town Hall Park, Saturday and Sunday
- Live Music – 1 to 4pm, all weekend at the downtown parkette
Whatever events you choose, this is going to be a weekend to remember. The weather is going to be cooler, but still lovely for an event such as this. See you there!